Dressing “Biz” Attire on a Budget

Business attire is NOT cheap! Purchasing suits, slacks and blouses can really hurt your pockets, especially if you’re still a student, interning or just starting out in your career. Don’t even get me started on all the accessories you need like bags and shoes.

But the truth is, you feel as good as you look. If you want to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company one day, the time to start dressing like one is NOW! And me personally? I prefer my business wear to have a bit of a flash about it (that’s why I call it Biz Attire). No one likes a stiff suit; you look as uncomfortable to people as you feel.

If you’re looking to add more “biz” attire to your wardrobe on a tight budget, here are my top three places where I rack up:

1. Thrift Stores and Consignment Boutiques: A lot of people turn up their noses at thrift stores. If you’re one of them… either take my advice or leave it. Me? I love them! My biggest tip when thrifting is to find a store in a ritzy and wealthy area. These stores have awesome, vintage and a lot of brand new items because many people donating them are really wealthy. Thrifting has become a hobby for me; I love the thrill of the bargain!
  2. Outlets: Outlets are stores that sell their merchandise directly to the public at significantly lower prices. Many stores actually have outlet versions, including Banana Republic Outlet, Talbots Outlet, Ann Taylor Outlet and BCBG Maxazria Outlet. If you know Talbots then you know they’re pretty expensive. However, one Talbots Outlet I went to had a sale where nothing was more than $19.99. Yeah, I’m still in disbelief!
  3. QVC Stores/Clothing and Such: QVC Stores sell everything that television shopping networks (QVC and HSN) can’t sell online, BUT since it couldn’t be sold online, it’s sold at an extremely discounted price. Clothing and Such (in North Carolina) is similar, just not ran by QVC. I’ve gone to three Clothing and Such where all shoes, REGARDLESS of brand, are a flat rate of $15.00. You can’t beat that.

For proof, check below for some of my favorite finds! (click photos to see larger images)

Susan Graver Blouse – $7.00 – QVC StoreTalbots Slacks – $13.70 – Talbots (Outlet)Blazer (My Splurge) – $38.00 – Express

Susan Graver Blouse – $7.00 – QVC Store
Talbots Slacks – $13.70 – Talbots (Outlet)
Blazer (My Splurge) – $38.00 – Express

Casual Corner Suit – $10.98 – Goodwill
Brooks Brothers Blouse – $5.00 – Consignment Boutique (Brand New!)
Banana Republic Pumps – $5.98 – Goodwill

Bonwit Teller Suit – $10.98 – Goodwill
Brooks Brothers Blouse – $5.00 – Consignment Boutique (Brand New!)

Rachel Zoe Coat – $20.00 – QVC Store

Michael Kors Sweater/Blazer – $18.00 – Consignment Boutique (Brand New!)

Vintage Briefcase – $19.98 – Goodwill

Talbots Business Dress – $19.99 – Talbots (Outlet)

Naturalizer Shoes – $14.98 – Goodwill (Brand New!)

Lord & Taylor Purse

Lord & Taylor Purse – $6.98 – Goodwill (Brand New!)

Advertisements

22 thoughts on “Dressing “Biz” Attire on a Budget

1. mricks913 says:

Reblogged this on Too Thrifty Chicks and commented:
    The Thrifty Chicks are off exploring The Big Apple for a few days. Check out how our friend Erica Hilton gets in her business attire on a budget!

— R&R

2. Sebastian says:

I see a lot of interesting posts on your website. You
    have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how
    to save you a lot of time, there is a tool that creates unique, SEO friendly posts in couple of seconds, just search in google
    – k2 unlimited content

3. http://omargcdgymamow.pen.io says:

It’s the best time to make some plans for
    the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this
    post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips.

Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.

I wish to read more things about it!

4. https://cowlesknives.Com/ says:

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I
    had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any suggestions for newbie blog
    writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

5. high sierra backpacks says:

Hello! I could havge sworn I’ve been to this website
    before but after reading through some of the post
    I realized it’s neew to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and
    I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!

6. Forest says:

Hi admin do you need unlimited articles for your page ?
    What if you could copy article from other blogs, make it pass copyscape test and publish on your website – i know
    the right tool for you, just search in google:
    Loimqua’s article tool

7. scuba diving in playa del carmen says:

Frustration often comes when holidays roll around and there is no
    accommodation available for where you want to go.
    People of different levels can do this type of enthralling events
    with the help of qualified instructors, who guides the nave divers
    about do’s and don’ts when you are underwater. We all agree that there is a point
    at which sounds can become annoying but at what point do they become physically harmful.